- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Zest of an orange
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dukkah
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Thumb-size piece of ginger, grated
- Peel and grate your vegetables. I used the grater attachment on my food processor, so it’s much faster and less messy. It also leaves the veggies nice and juicy, not mushy.
- Toss them in a large bowl with all other ingredients except the dukkah.
- Mix up the dressing and pour over salad, then toss through.
- Sprinkle over the dukkah before serving.
This salad lasts super well even once dressed, so it’s great for entertaining or lunch the next day. My dukkah literally takes 10 minutes to make, but if you don’t even have that time you could throw in some other chopped nuts like almonds or pistachios. No pomegranate? Try raisins.