- 750ml coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons lacuma powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon agar-agar powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a saucepan, then leave mixture to sit for a few minutes to help dissolve the agar powder.
- Place saucepan on a medium-to-low heat and bring to a gentle simmer, whisking/stirring gently the whole time.
- Continue the gentle simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Spoon the liquid mixture into 4 ramekins/dishes and place in the fridge.
- Leave to set for 1-2 hours.
*Lacuma is a naturally sweet superfood made from milled dried lacuma fruit. It has a maple-like taste. It’s not essential to the recipe, but adds some depth of flavour and sweetness.
*Agar-agar is a vegan thickener/stabiliser made from algae. It works as a gelatin substitute.