- Seabass fillet – 180gm
- Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
- 2 spring onions (sliced into small pieces)
- Fresh ginger (sliced into small pieces) – 50gm
- Light soy sauce – 3 teaspoons
- Cooking oil – 2 tablespoons
- Rinse the fish with cold water and pat dry.
- Rub salt over the fish, add ginger and spring onions into place in the centre of the steamer plate. Steam the fish for 10-12 minutes by using a chopstick to lift the ginger and spring onions for the flavours to move around in the steamer.
- Remove from steamer, transfer onto a serving plate and garnish with spring onions and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan and when it starts to smoke, lightly pour over the fish.
- Pour light soy sauce all around the fish and garnish with the rest of the spring onions and ginger.
Recipe from Fat Chow
Fat Chow, at The Pointe at Palm Jumeirah, serves the best in Cantonese cuisine with a focus on fresh ingredients and authentic cooking techniques and offers spectacular sea views.