30x30 on Sheikh Zayed Road
Be part of history with Dubai Fitness Challenge as we hit Sheikh Zayed Road to do our 30 in the Dubai Run. For the first time, a section of the city’s main highway will be open for a public fun run, giving you a unique, on-foot perspective of iconic buildings that you may normally miss! The event is free and open to all, to foster a healthy community spirit and encourage people to take part in staying active together. Two distances are available, a 5km fun run and a 10km run. A highlight on this year’s Dubai Fitness Challenge calendar, the run is presented by DEWA in association with ARN, Etisalat, Dubai Police, and RTA. The run will begin at Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), and part of Sheikh Zayed Road will be closed on the morning of 8 November, when the run is taking place. Registration on Platinumlist is essential prior to the event for all attendees 8 and over.
Both routes commence at DWTC, taking all participants along a 2.5km stretch of Sheikh Zayed Road. The 10km run will then see runners make a turn towards Financial Centre Road and along Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard around the Burj Khalifa before participants head back to the finish line at DWTC along Happiness Street. The 5km fun run takes participants down a similar route on Sheikh Zayed Road before heading through the high-rise buildings of DIFC before making a hairpin turn straight to the stunning Emirates Towers and back down Happiness street to the finish line at DWTC.
Before the race day:
You must collect your race bibs prior to race day from DWTC and selected Sun & Sand Sports stores. All participants 8 years and above must have a bib in order to participate in the run. Children below 8 must be accompanied by their parents. They will be provided with a wristband to write their parent’s phone number in case of an emergency.
Bib collection is available from:
DWTC Concourse 2 from Tuesday 5th to Thursday 7th of November:
- Tuesday 5th from 16:00 to 22:00
- Wednesday 6th from 9:00 to 23:59
- Thursday 7th from 9:00 to 22:00
Bibs will also be available at the below Sun & Sand Sports on Wednesday November 6th from 10am-11pm and on Thursday November 7th from 10am-midnight
- The Dubai Mall
- City Centre Mirdif
- Jumeirah Centre
- All participants must bring a printed or mobile copy of their registration ticket to collect their bib.
- Participants of the 10km race must bring a valid ID (passport or Emirates ID) to verify their age.
- When you arrive to collect your bib, please park at the Happiness Street parking lot.
- It’s possible to collect a bib for someone else, as long as you have a copy of their ID and their Platinumlist ticket.
- Bibs and race chips are not transferable to any other individual.
On the race day:
You must have your bib to participate in the run.
Please arrive early to get a parking spot and to the Assembly Area on time. If you are late you will not be permitted to take part in the race.
- This route is open to all ages and abilities. Both strollers and wheelchairs are welcome.
- The 5km run begins at 6:45am, the latest time of entry to the Assembly Area with your bib is 6:30 am.
- The route is open to those aged 18+, and must be completed within 80 minutes. The race will be timed, with chips included in the race pack for each runner. Wheelchairs are allowed.
- The 10km run begins at 6:30am, the latest time of entry to the Assembly Area with your bib is 6:15am.
Parking and facilities:
Limited free parking will be available at the venue and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Parking is available from 5:00 am at Dubai World Trade Centre.
- All parking facilities in DWTC will be closed off by 6:00am for course set-up.
- It is highly advised to come by public transportation such as Careem, Uber or Taxi and be dropped off by Zabeel Gate on 2nd Zabeel Street. Plan your journey here.
- Alternative parking can be found across Sheikh Zayed Road opposite to DWTC. Use the DWTC metro station bridge to arrive at the venue.
- Alternative parking facilities include Emirates Towers, DIFC or Index Tower which will be available until 6:00am
- Exit from the parking will be limited until 9:00 am.
- There will be bicycle racks available in One Central building.
- Participants are encouraged to come with basic necessities only as there will be no space allocated for bags or lockers available onsite.
- Toilets and prayer rooms are available at DWTC.
- Toilet facilities will be available along both routes.
Water and medical:
- Water will be provided by MonViso free of charge to all registered participants.
- Light snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase. Some dining outlets at DWTC and One Central will be open following the run.
- There will be water and medical stations at regular intervals along both routes.
- All participants are eligible to win exciting prizes worth over AED200,000 thanks to Emirates Airline, Fitbit and more.
- Prizes will be given for the overall top 3 male and 3 female finishers of the 10km run.
- There will be spot prizes awarded throughout the morning.